Ray's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, January 09, 2010

    Daniel's Fast Day 9

    Well, 9 days are just about through on the Daniel Fast. God has been at work in my heart and in my body for sure. Today, after a noon time funeral and some family time I got back to the word for tomorrow. As I conclude the message, I use the following passages.

    Ephesians 6:11 - Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

    1 Peter 5:8-9 - 8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

    Throughout this fast I have felt under attack. Not only from the noted toxin cleanse but also because I have been putting more than normal time to reading the word and praying. I have used more time to rest the body and charge up the spirit. I have felt under attack as I try to step up my walk with Jesus.

    Pastors, as well as other Christians, need to step it up once-in-a-while. Go to a new level of commitment, a new level of closeness with God. Any time any of us strive to get closer to God, Satan will attack us to try and change our mind - try to persuade us to give up our efforts.

    An example that comes to mind is when I am at the beach. If I stand in one place long enough, by the water's edge, I begin to sink into the sand and a firm grip or foundation is made. I am anchored in one place and the waves have little impact on me. But if I get out of my comfort zone of security and go a little further out, the waves hit me and I am less stable, until I have planted in one place again.

    We all need to advance - closer and closer to Christ - refusing to stay in one place too long. Growth is a constant struggle. As you fast next week, be prepared for the attacks of the evil one, if you are truly striving to be closer to God.

    0 comments: