Ray's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 05, 2010

    Daniel's Fast Day 5

    Heading to the gym again this morning. Another hour on the elliptical machine. Now that I have gotten up to an hour and need to increase my speed or intensity. I wonder what movie they will be showing this morning? Bowie Gold's if anyone wants to join me.

    One thing I have noticed - it may be caused by the reduction in chemicals I have in my body - is that it is hard to quiet my mind at night in order to sleep. My mind is racing a hundred miles an hour. When to bed around 10 pm and it was 2 pm before I felt like I went sound asleep. Of course the dog wanting out every half hour might have played into it all too.

    Had a wonderful salad last night for supper. Oh how I wanted some Ranch dressing on it and a diet soda on the side - lol.

    Of to the gym!

    4 comments:

    Wes Fuller said...

    Praying for you today...

    Brad said...

    Wednesdays 6:30pm RPM (spinning)
    Saturdays 9:30AM RPM (spinning)
    Saturdays 10:30AM BodyPump

    Anonymous said...

    I have read your postings and am a bit surprised that you have not shared any scriptures that you have read during this time of fasting. Have you heard from God? What has He shared with you or showed you in the Word.

    I understand that you are feeling the loss of your normal diet and treats but this is an opportunity to let God speak to you in a really intense way.

    I hope that when we are all fasting next week that God will show us incredible truths and we will have a new vision and drive to be all that He wants us to be.

    Setting aside what we want is our opportunity to be changed..

    Fasting is not a normal thing for us but it can be a time of deep spiritual blessing.

    Encourage us with what God has given to you as you walk this out.

    Ray McDonald said...

    Anonymous - sorry I didn't suit your time table - each person fasts and responds to their fast differently. Maybe the moment you begin to fast the Lord lays things on your heart to share. If you would have given even a moment of grace, you might have been surprised. Again, sorry I didn't measure up to your yard stick.