Ray's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 05, 2010

    Daniel's Fast Day 5 Part II

    Nehemiah was a cupbearer in the King's palace and he humbly came before the Lord in prayer. His short prayer is found in Nehemiah 1:11

    "O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man." I was cupbearer to the king. NIV

    I have prayed this prayer with a small modification since January 1 - the start of my Daniel's Fast.

    O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this Your servant who delights in revering Your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in Your presence.

    I await the Lord giving me some new insights. In the past, it has taken several days of the fast before I started hearing from the Lord. That is one reason I began my fast a week before the congregation's fast.

    Speak to me - to us - Lord.

    0 comments: