Ray's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 12, 2010

    Thoughts from Dione on his fast

    I know the Lord speaks to us all the time in so many ways. We aren't always listening when he is speaking. The prayers of hearing from the Lord have happened for me and I truly believe it is because I don't have any electronic noise or distractions. I spent 90 minutes in prayer and reading last night with no break! May not be a big deal to you but it was AWESOME. I had to stop so I could be in bed by 12 midnight (which is something I am striving to do this year) and I didn't want to stop. It continued into my laying or lying (whichever one is the proper one to use there) to go to sleep. I felt like I was in communication with God like a back and forth. It was just like if I were talking to anyone of you. It was a back and forth and I know that is the way it should be. It was just awesome to have that and feel it. In the mist of going through some troubling times with some of my friendships I knew that the friendship/relationship/ partnership/bond that I want to have with other people, God wants to have with me and then some. O it excites me to no end! It is as if I truly got it. It is love. The love that 1st John speaks of. I felt it and I am feeling it. O how I only want to go deeper. O how I can feel my soul yearning to have Him more and the temptations growing strong not only to break my fast but in other ways but I feel so in-tune with God that they get dismissed very quickly. I have already made some changes that the Holy Spirit showed me and I have others still to make. I don't want to feel or know God any less than this. I am excited to continue the fast. I pray against the spiritual attacks that will try to come up against me and my family and I pray against those same attacks that will try to come up with you and yours. O it shall only get better and deeper is my prayer.

    0 comments: