Ray's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, January 04, 2010

    Daniel's Fast Day 4

    Well, day 3 wasn't too bad - I did have a desire for a Diet Pepsi - twice - during the Ravens game. Even got up to go get one in the frig before catching myself. No headaches, other than the close score of the game, but at least my team was playing for the playoffs.

    I feel good going into day 4 or 21. I am heading to the gym early this morning (it is now 3:20 am). I was thinking of going back to basketball a couple of mornings and the gym but that might be a little too much - until my frame has less of me to carry around. My exercise routine will be 1 hour of cardio followed by 30 minutes of body building (or reconstructing - lol). My hope is to be at the gym early enough to get to the office between 8-9 am each morning. We'll see.

    I want to add one more goal to my fast. If you remember from day 1 they were:

    1. Deny myself and show spiritual control over my eating habits
    2. Seek the face of God more and more
    3. Connect in a deeper way with my wife who is fasting with me
    4. Get in better physical and spiritual shape
    I believe that as I exert spiritual control over my physical desires I will grow spiritually and reduce the physical in several ways.

    Off to do my daily devotions, then off to the gym.

    0 comments: