Ray's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, January 07, 2010

    Daniel's Fast Day 7

    1 Peter 1:13 - Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.

    As I enter day 7 I trust in this passage - two weeks left in the Daniel Fast - and the cravings are still there - but God is greater than them. I must set my mind today on Jesus and His love and life.

    I have had a battle today and actually for three days with staying focused. The only thing I can believe is that the chemicals from years of diet soda, junk food, processed foods and more are starting to lose the battle in my body and I am starting to be cleansed. I pray that is the answer.

    Pray for me and join me during the week of Prayer and Fasting - January 10-15.

    Question: when you fast, do you go through withdrawals?

    2 comments:

    Wes Fuller said...

    Thank you for being so open with us about your journey. Especially for those of us (myself included) who have never fasted before. I'm sure these blogs will help first time fasters next week.

    jkjosefm said...

    I work at a performing arts center and most events have a reception at the end of their shows. I saw 300 cupcakes with 7 bowls of punch yesterday and the the day before, homemade sandwiches (with the crust cut off), egg salad, coffee, and wine.

    Next week, I'm sure there will be a catered meal for an award's ceremony.

    The bigger deal: I'm usually the one that takes the leftovers home [perk of House Management].

    God has been my strength.

    "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." Matt 5:6. I repeat this verse in the midst of temptation, when I take in water throughout the day, and when I finally break my fast at night. I find myself seeking more to be filled with his righteousness and what He has planned after these 21 days. Though the sight and smell still surround me, His presence and promise is what envelops me.

    Press on Pastor! Thank you for these posts! Praying for you!