Ray's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, December 02, 2009

    What are your favorite Christmas Carols/Songs?

    What are your favorite Christmas Carols? Name the top five if you can.

    Not in this order - but I would name these hymns
    --O Come, All Ye Faithful
    --Joy to the World
    --Away in a Manger
    --Silent Night
    --O Little Town of Bethlehem

    How about some non-hymn Christmas Songs?

    And, not in order I would say:
    --Mary Did you Know
    --Grandma got run over by a reindeer
    --I'll be home for Christmas
    --Silver Bells
    --I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

    6 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Go Tell It On The Mountain is my number one--brings tears to my eyes---one of our families favorites that we sing each year at Chrismastime as we sit by the tree and read the story of Jesus' birth from the Bible--one of our Lowery family traditions.
    Lorie Lowery

    Unknown said...

    Wow there are so many...

    OH COME EMMANUEL
    WE 3 KINGS
    WHAT CHILD IS THIS
    GOD REST YE MERRY GENTLEMEN
    OH COME ALL YE FAITHFUL

    others:
    I SAW 3 SHIPS
    12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS
    CAROL OF THE BELLS

    Anonymous said...

    "Mary's boy child / Oh my Lord"
    Dana

    Anonymous said...

    Little Drummer Boy (#1)
    Mary, Did You Know?
    The Christmas Shoes
    Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
    Christmas at K-mart (Rootboy Slim)

    Music is such an important part of Christmas. I wish Christmas music would play year-round, except that the exceptional-ness of Christmas music would then become commonplace.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS, everybody!
    Richard.

    Anonymous said...

    I love and long for all of the traditional hymns/carols especially O Holy Night. I work in retail & I'm pretty sick (hate) of the non-hymn, jazzed up songs that I hear over & over 10 hrs a day since November. In particular, Santa Baby, Silver Bells,I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas, I'll be home for Christmas (this is the only day I'll BE home).
    Sorry for the rant. Gotta go to work.
    Carol

    Ray McDonald said...

    I like O Holy Night as well - by the way Carol - I'll be home for Christmas was a war time song I think and was the hope that they would be home from the war by Christmas - someone know for sure?

    I like the crazy Christmas songs as well as the traditional and the contemporary.